ZeniMax Online Studios is building a new ECS-driven game engine for an unannounced AAA title. We are looking for a Senior UI Engineer to help develop the cutting-edge user interface backend for that engine. This position will research the state of the art in UI development and apply that research through technical designs and implementation. Applicants should have a passion for UI development and a strong vision for its future.
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Experience with modern C++
• Knowledge of fundamental UI concepts like 2D layout, animation, and text rendering
• Familiarity with several UI frameworks (game, web, application, etc.)
• Familiarity with shaders, particle systems, and 3D rendering
• Ability to collaborate with other programmers in a shared code base
• Work with UI designers to break down the capabilities needed to realize their vision
• Independently research broad UI questions to provide insight and direction to the team
• Architect foundational UI systems with an eye towards the future
• Write maintainable and performant code to realize technical designs
• Set the standards that future UI developers will learn form
• Provide suggestions and feedback on UI designs to help produce the best UIs for players
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with declarative UI frameworks like React
• Experience with client/server game architecture
• Experience with UI tooling
• Experience with Entity Component System
• Experience with profiling and optimization
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.