id Software has is looking for a talented Character Artist to work on some of the industries most celebrated and popular AAA titles. Successful candidates must demonstrate a variety of appropriate toolsets and present a portfolio of a wide range of characters.
• Work with the directi on set forth by the art director
• Collaborate with designers, programmers, and animators
• Model and texture high-poly characters and creatures
• 2+ years of industry experience as a Character Artist
• Significant contributions to a AAA game
• Examples of work demonstrating an understanding of form, silhouette, shape, texture, color, and lighting
• Ability to create a low-poly model within poly budget and efficiently unwrap the UV's for texturing
• Strong and relevant 3D and 2D toolsets
• Self-motivated but able to accept feedback and direction
• Team player with a strong work ethic and a collaborative attitude
• Good time management skills and efficient development processes
• Traditional art skills including sketching, illustration, and painting
• Passion for games and gaming
• Familiarity with id Software games, characters, brands and universes
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.