Come join Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning development team behind Starfield, The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Bethesda Game Studios strives to offer its employees a well-balanced home and work life by providing competitive salaries, a generous benefits program, and offices located in some of North America’s best cities.
With a goal of creating a culture as fun and diverse as our games and our players, we welcome applicants with unique skillsets, experience levels and backgrounds. If you are passionate about making a meaningful contribution to some of the most significant games in the industry we’d love to hear from you!
Your Daily Life at Bethesda Game Studios
As Tools Programmer, you will…
- Responsible for maintaining, optimizing, and improving tools and content creation workflows
- Designs and develops additional tools to improve development workflow
- Participates in code reviews and an agile development process
- Accurately estimates his/her schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule
- Writes clear, maintainable, portable code
What Makes You S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
- You have at least 2 years of professional software development experience
- You have solid C++ knowledge
- You are experienced in developing C# and C++ visual applications
- You possess strong communication skills
- You have solid architecture skills and attention to detail
- You have the ability to write clear and maintainable code
- You possess the ability to fearlessly jump into large, existing code bases
- You have knowledge of rapid internal tool development with web services and similar
- You are knowledgeable with the following:
- UI: MFC, WPF, QT
- Database: mongodb, MsSQl, Sqlite
- Web tech: PHP, JSON, REST, Angular
- You have prior game industry experience focused on content creation tool pipelines
- You have strong familiarity with Bethesda Game Studios games
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.