Position: Lead Visual Designer
Company: ZeniMax Media, Inc.
Job site address: 9420 Research Blvd. Bldg. 3, Ste. 350 Austin, TX 78759
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Arts or 3D Design
• Minimum 7 years overall experience as a professional game artist
• Must have art credits on 2 AAA game products within the First-Person Shooter (FPS) or immersive sim genre
• Must have 5 years prior work experience utilizing the following skills: Maya or other modeling software; Photoshop or similar software; and ZBrush
• Must have at least 2 years of experience as a game artist working in architectural and industrial design environments
• Must have 3 years prior work experience with Jira/Hansoft
• Must have 5 years prior work experience with game engines including CRYENGINE, UNITY, Unreal, or similar engines
• Must have 5 years prior work experience with hard surface and organic modeling in architecture, lighting, and scale in realistic and naturalistic environments
• Must be able to provide at least two positive references
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Lead Visual Designer at Arkane Studios, will be responsible for the overall visual design, concept, geometry, color palettes and art quality of our next game. As a key member of the leadership team, he/she will partner closely with the Creative Director and various discipline leads to build a cohesive art and design style. To do this, the Lead Visual Designer must demonstrate a thorough understanding of the art department architecture and best practices and strong sensibilities in concept, illustration and visual design. Furthermore, it requires an individual with excellent communication and organizational skills.
Responsibilities of this position will include: spearheading the visual design and initial concepts, providing artistic direction on environments, characters, weapons, and UI. It will also establish and coordinated color palettes, and set best art practices for the team; lead and mentor the art team to inspire the highest visual quality by providing day-to-day art direction and feedback; set up and maintain guidelines and quality standards; review all art and ensure that it properly fits requirements for unifying the art look of the game; collaborate closely with all stakeholders to ensure all standards are being met; and maintain effective communication with the art team and discipline leads. This position will supervise at least 6 subordinate professional artists.
Travel up to 10% of the time may be required for this position.
Please submit resume and work samples. Please follow the instructions on the website. Required demo reel should include examples of previous work. A shot breakdown should also be included with an explanation of responsibilities. No Walk Ins Please.
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.