Bethesda Game Studios is looking for a qualified Infrastructure Engineer. The successful candidate will have knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation and continuing support of cross platform infrastructure systems, continuous integration/continuous delivery build systems, patching systems, asset dependency and packaging systems, multiple branched environments, and source control integration. The ideal candidate will have a background in software engineering, with experience in optimizing and improving development workflows.
- Responsible for maintaining, optimizing, and improving infrastructure processes
- Designs and develops additional tools to improve development workflow
- Assists the build team in optimizing and improving build systems
- Participates in code reviews and an agile development process
- Accurately estimates their schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule
- Writes clear, maintainable, portable code
- Participate in the On-Call Rotation
- Expert knowledge of version control systems and branching concepts (Git/Perforce)
- Expertise in CI/CD pipelines and game development workflows
- Experience with Team City
- Competent Linux System Administrator knowledge
- Strong programming skills
- Expertise in one or more scripting languages (Python, Powershell, Bash)
- Competent knowledge of Python or C#
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Competent knowledge of C#, Python or C++
- Professional software development experience in C# or Python
- Knowledge of rapid internal tool development with web services and similar
- Familiarity with automated testing systems, game patching systems, and server deployment
- Familiarity with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS or Azure)
- Familiarity with VirtualBox, Docker and/or Vagrant
- Strong familiarity with Bethesda Game Studios games
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.