Bethesda Game Studios is looking for talented Graphics Programmers to join our team that is pushing the bleeding-edge of RPG development for the PC and consoles. Programmers will work closely with artists, lead engine programmers, designers and producers to implement and optimize game features.
- Writes clear, maintainable, highly functional code and portable C++ code;
- Understands entire graphics engine architecture, from game interface to graphics API interface;
- Writes and maintains custom shaders across a range of hardware;
- Test and document code you write;
- Support and maintains existing systems;
- Works well with other engineers, artists and designers;
- Accurately estimates his/her schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule;
- Provide technical expertise to develop cutting-edge technologies to include: architecture, design, prototype, implement, test, debug, document, profile, maintain, and support;
- Review codes from other team members.
- 5+ years C++ development and graphics programming experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Experience in design and implementation of cutting-edge graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware;
- Experience with DirectX 11 level shaders and HLSL;
- Expertise in building multithreaded, real-time systems;
- Experience writing systems balancing performance and maintainability;
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability;
- Experience profiling and optimizing both CPU and GPU utilization;
- Experience with game editor plugins/modification;
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Must work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks;
- Passion for making GREAT games;
- Experience playing previous Bethesda Games Studios games.
- Development experience in the games industry;
- Development experience on game consoles (Xbox One/PS4);
- Experience with Max plugins;
- Knowledge of Vulcan.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.