Data Engineer – Operational Intelligence
Division: ZeniMax Media | Department: Business Systems |
Austin, TX, US
ZeniMax Media seeks a Data Engineer focusing on Operational Intelligence to join our growing team. This position works within the Enterprise BI Team and is responsible for the development of the Operational Data Platform for Enterprise wide support. The Data Engineer will be supporting a broad range of Operational needs from various applications in the business, including e-commerce and game based systems.
The incumbent will have at least 2+ years of previous experience partnering with both technical and business teams to facilitate implementation across the enterprise. The Data Engineer will drive the creation of operational insight from enterprise data sources.
- Work within the Enterprise Data Engineering team, supporting the creation operational intelligence applications
- Work directly with internal BI staff, along with external customers to ensure that requirements are being met
- Provide guidance to customers on how data needs to be structured to facilitate operational needs
- Support the ingestion of data into Operational applications
- Coordinate with customers to ensure they have both Dashboarding and alerting support
- Support the day to day maintenance of existing dashboards, forwarders, and alerts
- Provide proactive and ongoing improvements on how data is stored/indexed
- 2+ Years of Experience with Operational Intelligence tools (Splunk, Elasticsearch, etc)
- Experience of movement of data into Operational solutions (Splunk forwarders, Logstash, etc)
- Experience with Splunk Indexer architecture
- Comfortable working with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured source data
- Dashboard and data presentation experience – support insight into data ingested
- Unix command line experience
- Experience with both physical and cloud data center infrastructure
- An understanding of NFS
- A strong communicator, is comfortable interfacing directly with differing customers across the organization in addition to the BI team
- Working experience with the SCRUM development framework
- Hands on experience with Splunk Enterprise strongly preferred
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services, especially data related components
- Experience working within the Videogame/MMO industry is desired, though candidates from outside of the industry are also welcomed
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.