Division: Bethesda Game Studios | Department: Art |
Rockville , MD, US
Bethesda Game Studios is seeking a Lighting Artist who possesses the ability to light our environments and characters to join our growing team. This position requires an understanding of modern lighting techniques and an eye for artistic excellence.
- Create and maintain all elements of lighting including dynamic, static, cinematic, and character setups.
- Work with Art and Design to create compelling and dramatic lighting scenarios for gameplay and cinematics
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements
- Match the established visual style for the game with lighting execution
- Develop and implement new techniques into the lighting pipeline
- 3+ Years of industry experience, preferably focused on lighting
- Working knowledge of modern lighting techniques
- Working knowledge of technical art and performance pipelines
- Self-motivated and the ability to work and solve problems with minimal assistance
- Highly organized with the ability to adhere to production schedules
- Well-developed communication skills and strong work ethic
- Candidate must submit an online portfolio to be considered
- Experience working with Creation Kit (Fallout 4, Skyrim)
- Training in traditional art mediums (painting, sculpting, etc.)
- Knowledge of current engine technology such as CRYENGINE, UDK, or Unity
- Experience with lighting using a Physically Based Renderer
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.