Senior Technical Artist
Division: Arkane Studios Texas | Department: Art |
Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios is currently seeking a Senior Technical Artist to help our Austin team deliver high quality PC and next-generation console games. The Technical Artist coordinates and upgrades production tools, assists in asset integration and optimization, and serves as a technical reference for art production.
- Ensure that final assets meet performance requirements and constraints for each target platform
- Create best-practices documentation for art team on creating great-looking optimized game assets (models, textures, shaders, lighting, FX, etc.)
- R&D complex game art elements
- Help manage run-time performance
- Work with art team/engineers to develop/optimize shaders and lighting as needed
- Assist art team members with production tools and upgrades.
- Collaborate with art and engineering staff on art pipeline improvements
- Assist in trouble-shooting and organization with outsourced art partners as needed
- Remain up-to-date on tool and tech developments to identify ways to improve quality and increase art production speed
- 3+ years’ experience in video games as an artist or technical artist
- Good knowledge of Photoshop and Maya
- Experience with a variety of game engines
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Passionate about video games
- GPU analysis (Using Pix)
- Fluent in Python
- Very strong problem-solving skills
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.