Systems Designer (Combat)
Division: Bethesda Game Studios | Department: Design |
Rockville , MD, US
Bethesda Game Studios is seeking a talented Systems Designer (Combat) to join our growing team. In this role, the Systems Designer will assist with the design of critical game systems and work on dedicated features, with a focus on combat balancing, for current and next generation AAA games.
- Create and maintain specific game systems, which includes general design, balance, rules and interface
- Prototype and iterate on new game mechanics as well as modify and improve existing ones
- Collaborate with artists, programmers and fellow designers to develop and refine systems
- Design and implement large amounts of game assets
- Conceptualize, create and maintain game design documentation throughout the project cycle
- Design credit on a shipped console title
- Previous experience with game system development and balance
- Ability to adjust systems to find the “sweet spot” between challenge and immersion
- Experience in balancing combat
- Experience with action and/or RPG systems design
- Experience playing previous Bethesda Games Studios games
- High passion, team player
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity and/or experience with the Bethesda Game Studios Creation Kit
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.