To expand its programming team and strengthen its internal technology, Arkane studios is seeking talented Engine Programmers to join us in making ambitious AAA games. These positions are opened to different levels of expertise, from industry veterans to less experienced candidates.
Reporting to the Lead Engine Programmer, the Engine Programmer is responsible for adapting, maintaining and optimizing the code of our game engine for PC and consoles. Multipurpose, he/she will deal with technology issues that will come up during production (IO, audio, physics, rendering, memory, and etc).
• Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project.
• Develop and optimize the code of engine subsystems by taking full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
• Work with the studio existing software technology and build new technology inorder to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
• Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
• Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
• Strong knowledge of C/C++
• Experience in building multithreaded, real-time systems
• Experience writing systems balancing performance and maintainability
• Ability to fearlessly jump into large, existing code bases
• Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Expertise in one or more technical areas: animation, audio, math, physics, networking, low-level architecture, memory, I/O
• Experience profiling and optimizing CPU code
• Knowledge of platform SDK (PS4, XB1, Windows, Linux, Nintendo Switch)
• Experience with game middleware technology such as Havok physics & cloth, FaceFX, Wwise
• Development experience on consoles or PC with at least one game shipped
Working as an Arkanite
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999.
Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in the trendy area of Lyon Confluence - a hot spot for nature, sports, food, and music.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, 25 to 35 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport compensation, onboarding program, free Fridays etc.
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.