Arkane Studios in Lyon, FRANCE is looking for talented Tools Programmers. The position is based in France.
Answering to the Lead Tools Programmer, the Tools Programmer is responsible for developing and maintaining a wide range of production tools, from the game editor to the build system.
• Design and implement new tools across various game development disciplines (art, level design, animation, build automation)
• Communicate with other departments to improve and debug existing tools, workflow and practices
• Provide support and documentation to the users of the tools
• Monitor performance and memory usage and plan and execute performance and memory optimizations
• Strong knowledge of C/C++ and C#
- Languages fluency: French and English
• Experience with game engine content tools and pipeline
• Knowledge of the following is a plus: WCF, WPF, QT, LUA, Python, ActionScript
• Excellent systems design experience
• Experience with multithreaded, real-time systems
• Experience balancing performance and maintainability
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
• Development experience in the games industry a plus
• Development experience on game consoles (Xbox360/PS3/Xbox One/PS4) a plus
• Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Must work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks
• Passion for making GREAT games
• Experience playing previous Bethesda Softworks games
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.