Site Reliability Engineer
Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Platform |
Rockville , MD, US
Site Reliability Engineers work with other engineering teams to ensure we build services that work well at scale. We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who can help us design, build, and maintain high-performance, scalable, reliable services. You will work to build and run the core components that power the online platform and help engineers understand and implement according to our standards for infrastructure as code and managed services, to provide a reliable, observable, scalable, and highly available online platform.
- Write clean, maintainable code in Python, that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), following best practices and software guidelines
- Work closely with engineers throughout the development process to ensure standards for infrastructure and managed services are understood and implemented correctly
- Design, engineer, and maintain the core infrastructure and automated systems that support the online platform used by all Bethesda.net engineers
- Understand diverse languages and technologies - Python, Go, Nginx, Redis, MySQL, AWS technologies, etc.
- Design, engineer, and maintain common code libraries that can be used by engineers to leverage the platform in a consistent manner
- Work with other engineers to define infrastructure needs and implement as infrastructure as code
- Participate in technical design reviews
- Work with tech leads and other engineering leaders to build resource utilization estimates
- Participate in the load testing execution and analysis to identify bottle necks and opportunities for optimization
- Collaborate with other developers, quality engineers (QE), ops engineers and support engineers to ensure smooth deployment, continual operation and fanatical support of quality software
- Act as an agent of change and improvement by observing live systems and providing recommendations for continuous improvement for all areas of development
- Investigate and identify root cause analysis for issues in all stable and live environment
- Act as the subject matter expert on AWS cloud infrastructure and managed services
- Identify and implement automation for repeated and time consuming tasks
- Participate in on-call rotation with the rest of the engineering team to provide escalated support for Tier 1 & 2
- Perform under minimal supervision on significantly complex assignments
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 years of experience as a software engineer
- You should possess a strong technical background and a good grasp of software engineering principles, exceptional problem solving, design, programming, and testing skills
- Experience developing and designing software solutions in an online environment
- Experience operating and deploying large scale and complex systems in a cloud environment.
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Experience with engineering automated build/deploy systems which include continuous integration as well as infrastructure as code
- Understand and have implemented Docker and other container based systems
- Able to troubleshoot complex systems in a live environment quickly and effectively
- Familiarity with Linux system administration
- Familiarity with network engineering
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.