Senior Engineer - Core
Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Platform |
Rockville , MD, US
Bethesda Softworks is looking for a Senior Engineer to join the Digital Publishing Platform’s Core team. You will develop and evangelize new capabilities and engineering best practices. You will help feature development teams understand how to develop observable systems that are reliable and can scale to meet the demands of all our online and mobile games. You will investigate new technologies, develop core components of web services, work with all platform teams to advocate for engineering best practice, and improve the overall efficiency and reliability of the Platform.
- Write clean, maintainable code in Python, that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), following best practices and software guidelines
- Work closely with engineers throughout the development process to ensure standards for infrastructure and managed services are understood and implemented correctly
- Design, engineer, and maintain the core infrastructure and automated systems that support the online platform used by all Bethesda.net engineers
- Understand diverse languages and technologies - Python, Go, Nginx, Redis, MySQL, AWS technologies, etc.
- Design, engineer, and maintain common code libraries that can be used by engineers to leverage the platform in a consistent manner
- Work with other engineers to define infrastructure needs and implement as infrastructure as code
- Participate in technical design reviews
- Work with tech leads and other engineering leaders to build resource utilization estimates
- Participate in the load testing execution and analysis to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for optimization
- Collaborate with other developers, quality engineers (QE), ops engineers and support engineers to ensure smooth deployment, continual operation and fanatical support of quality software
- Act as an agent of change and improvement by observing live systems and providing recommendations for continuous improvement for all areas of development
- Investigate and identify root cause analysis for issues in all stable and live environment
- Act as the subject matter expert on AWS cloud infrastructure and managed services
- Identify and implement automation for repeated and time consuming tasks
- Participate in on-call rotation with the rest of the engineering team to provide escalated support for Tier 3 & 4
- Perform under minimal supervision on significantly complex assignments
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 years of experience as a software engineer
- You should possess a strong technical background and a good grasp of software engineering principles, exceptional problem solving, design, programming, and testing skills
- Experience developing and designing software solutions in an online environment
- Experience operating and deploying large scale and complex systems in a cloud environment (AWS preferred).
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Experience with engineering automated build/deploy systems which include continuous integration as well as infrastructure as code
- Understand and have implemented Docker and other container-based systems
- Able to troubleshoot complex systems in a live environment quickly and effectively
- Familiarity with Linux system administration
- Familiarity with network engineering
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.