Junior Graphics Engineer
Division: Battlecry Studios | Department: Programming |
Austin , TX, US
BattleCry Studios is seeking a Junior Graphics Tools Engineer to help maintain, optimize, and extend tools and art pipeline. The focus area of the candidate will be in the tools, exporters, editor, and game client; ensuring artists and designers have efficient work flows and create content within specified budgets.
- Work with artists and designers, understanding their workflows and pipelines, identifying improvements
- Work with engineers, understanding technical graphics engine implementation
- Maintaining and improving tools and exporters used by artists and designers
- Help set and maintain budgets for game content, as well as author tools to monitor budgets.
- Accurately estimates his/her schedules and delivers high quality work to that schedule
- 2+ years of experience in Java, C++, C#, or Python
- 3+ years of experience in Max or Maya including scripting experience
- 2+ years of experience in Photoshop
- 1+ years of experience with Substance Designer/Painter or PBR
- 2+ years of experience with shader authoring
- 2+ years of experience in game industry, preferably with shipped title(s)
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Experience with DirectX 11/12, PS4, and Xbox One
- Experience profiling both CPU and GPU utilization
- Experience with game editor plugins/modification
- Experience with both CPU and GPU optimization techniques
- Experience with client/server games
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.