Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Network Operations |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
- Manages a large, complex site/network
- Rapidly troubleshoots service outages using experience and other available resources
- Effectively communicates technical information to Network Operations staff members and other corporate-wide staff
- Initiates some new responsibilities and helps to plan for the future of the site/network
- Provides monitoring, disaster recovery, and network hardware support
- Performs server backups and maintain offsite storage
- Maintains up-to-date detailed documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Three to five years of previous UNIX/Linux system administration experience in a 24/7 environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to quickly assess and prioritize
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration; for example, configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software
- Has a solid understanding of a UNIX/Linux -based operating system; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions)
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can use nslookup or dig to check information in the DNS; understands basic routing concepts
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Perl, Python, BASH)
- Familiarity with configuration management software, preferably Chef.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.