Arkane Studios in Lyon, France is looking for a world class Level Designer to be in charge of translating game design into playable and fun maps.
• Produce the level design documentation of his/her maps, including mission’s intentions and high-level concepts.
• Create the level layouts (simplified level geometry) in collaboration with the level artists and architects.
• Implement gameplay events into the maps (enemies encounters, narrative scenes, maps objectives, etc..) by using specialized tools (world editor, scripting system...)
• Make sure his /her map is compliant with the technical constraints and check on a regular basis if his/her map is functional on all platforms
• Work closely with the art department and collaborate with all game development disciplines all along the maps iterations
• Analyze and fix level design bugs
• Candidate should understand the values of the game design philosophy behind action adventure stealth games such as the Dishonored series
• Candidate should embrace the Systemic design philosophy
• A solid understanding of player psychology
• Experience using game-specific editing packages
• Game scripting experience using Kismet, Lua or similar
• Relevant experience with the tools used for the development of AAA games (Perforce or similar, Bugs data base, etc)
• Very quality oriented
• Strong communication skills
• Passionate gamer with a solid video game culture
• Analytical thinking: Capacity to quickly understand game design rules, mechanics, balancing concepts and techniques.
• Creativity: think outside the box, being able to see things in a different perspective
• Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Good level in written/spoken English
• Team Player
• Scripting/programming knowledge
The Position is based in Lyon, France.
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.