Character Artist - Outsourcing Support (Contract)
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Art |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for a Character Artist - Outsourcing Support (Contract) to assist with the production of characters. This position will work with various members of Figure Art team to address character related issues: from export of assets into game to texture and model adjustments. You don’t have to have a ton of experience, but you will need passion and to bring your best game. This is a dynamic environment that will challenge you.
- Evaluate incoming finished character assets such as armors and costumes for compliance with the internal guidelines-modularity, texture treatment consistency, topology.
- Adjust textures and geometry as necessary.
- Set up and export new modular armor and costume pieces.
- Set up all the necessary in-game data related to character assets.
- Love of characters and animation.
- Strong grasp of anatomy, form, proportion and color.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of character modeling and texturing principles.
- Familiar with character creation tools in Max, Maya, Zbrush, Mudbox, Photoshop, Marvelous Designer.
- Experience and understanding of UV layout, Normal map creation, as well as Diffuse, Specular maps for the character.
- Interest in working with and supporting Artists and Animators in the production environment.
- Responsive to direction.
- Tenacious problem solver.
- Strong aesthetic sense and ability to communicate creative ideas clearly.
- Strong communication skills in general: written & spoken.
- Self-sufficient and capable of independent learning.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.