Contract Technical Artist
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Art |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for a Contract Technical Artist to assist with the production of characters. This position will work with the senior members of the Technical Art team to address character related issues: from skinning and rigging to runtime troubleshooting. This is a dynamic environment that will challenge you.
- Edit skin weights of new & existing characters, components used by characters, and other animate-able assets.
- Assist in the setup & maintenance of characters in game.
- Troubleshoot runtime issues with characters
- Help collect and analyze data to better understand why certain problems exist and assist in solution.
- Generate low-poly proxy meshes.
- Provide general production support services as needed.
- Love of characters and animation.
- Strong grasp of anatomy and kinematics.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of character animation & rigging principles.
- Familiar with character rigging capabilities of Max, Maya, Modo, etc.
- Experience working with a scripting language: MaxScript, MEL, Python, C#, etc.
- Interest in working with and supporting Artists and Animators in the production environment.
- Responsive to direction.
- Strong aesthetic sense and ability to communicate creative ideas clearly.
- Strong communication skills in general: written & spoken.
- Self-sufficient and capable of independent learning.
- Basic understanding of common file formats: JSON, XML, etc.
- Creative problem solver
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.