Character Artist - Rigging Support (Contractor)
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Art |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for a Character Artist - Rigging Support Contractor to assist with the production of characters. This technical art position will work with various members of Figure Art team to address character rigging related issues: from in-game editing and data set up to vertex weighting adjustments. This is a dynamic environment that will challenge you.
- Prepare of the modular armor/clothing meshes and monster/creatures meshes for export into game.
- Evaluate all incoming source art for the following: good deformable topology, edge loop flow, compatibility with our modular character system; vertex weighting.
- Adjust vertex skinning of meshes on character related assets such as clothing, armor etc.
- Adjust vertex weighting for monsters.
- Export adjusted geometry to engine.
- Data set up of exported assets in engine.
- The candidate will have to learn proprietary tools for rigging of the game-ready character meshes and internal tools for export.
- Love of characters and animation.
- Strong grasp of anatomy, form, proportion and color.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of character modeling and texturing principles.
- Understanding of good mesh topology for deformation is a must.
- Some working experience in rigging the characters for video games is required.
- Working knowledge of 3D Studio Max and Maya.
- Experience and understanding of UV layout, Normal map creation, as well as Diffuse, Specular maps for the character is a plus.
- Familiarity with game engines.
- Familiarity with modular character customization systems is a plus.
- Interest in working with and supporting Artists and Animators in the production environment.
- Responsive to direction.
- Tenacious problem solver.
- Strong aesthetic sense and ability to communicate creative ideas clearly.
- Strong communication skills in general: written & spoken.
- Self-sufficient and capable of independent learning.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.