Game Designer - Economy
Division: Bethesda Game Studios - Montreal | Department: |
The Game Designer - Economy requiring a mix of economy and game design knowledge with passion for free to play game design.
- Defining the virtual products and their in-game statistics with the development team, and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics
- Identifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers.
- Balancing the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle, and their streams of availability.
- Regularly provide user feedback and stat tuning to development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release.
- Analyze the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot both monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, then report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly.
- Help with design of gameplay features and ensure that they fit well within the economy eco system of the game.
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them.
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data.
- Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
- Understanding of client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining
- Strong sensitivity to game play and game design
- Graduate degree in Game Design Economics or Game Design
- Previous experience in econometrics / data mining
- Unity 3D knowledge
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience as game designer, social designer
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.