Senior Physics & Simulation Programmer
Division: id Software | Department: Programming |
Richardson , US-TX,
id Software is looking for a Senior Physics & Simulation Programmer to work as part of a development team on legendary id game properties like DOOM and QUAKE, developing physics and simulation technology for the game industry’s most advanced engine technology. This position requires engaging in a proactive, high energy development environment on our core technology team.
- Maintaining and improving the idTech 5+ physics engine
- Feature addition and enhancement to our existing physics engine
- Support and proactively interface with the game development team
- Simulation updates and stability
- Collision detection
- 3+ years of game industry experience
- Very strong C++ coding and systems design experience
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Experience writing and maintaining physics and simulation code including continuous collision detection, fluid dynamics, and related systems.
- Cross-platform experience (PC, Xbox 360, PS3) including knowledge of each platforms strengths and weaknesses
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Able to communicate proactively and effectively with excellent oral and written communication skills across disciplines
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- A passion for developing the highest quality games in the industry
Desired Skills and Pluses:
- Experience with the idTech code base (Quake 3, DOOM 3, QUAKE 4, etc.)
- Experience with Middleware Physics solutions such as Havok or PhysX
- Experience with Navigation, Path Finding, and Obstacle Avoidance Systems
- First person shooter or other action shooter experience
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent study in related fields
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit an application through Taleo.
Apply to Position: Senior Physics & Simulation Programmer
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.