Division: Arkane Studios Texas | Department: Programming |
Austin, US-TX, US
Arkane Studios is looking for a Tools Engineer to join our team in developing AAA games for PC and next-generation console systems. The ideal candidate will have experience with AAA game engines/tools and will work closely with the Lead Engineer and the development team to design, implement, and maintain project development tools.
- Work directly on the world editor and other content authoring tools used by the development team
- Work closely with the leads and other engineers to plan and build new tools and technology features
- Monitor performance and memory usage and plan and execute performance and memory optimizations
- Develop other game, editor, tools or infrastructure features as required
- Work well with other engineers, designers, artists and IT personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years game industry programming experience
- At least one AAA title shipped
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Working knowledge of C#
- Experience with game engine content tools and pipeline
- Prefer experience with MFC/Xtreme Tookit Pro
- Knowledge of the following is a plus: WCF, WPF, QT, LUA, Python
- Excellent systems design experience
- Cross-platform experience (PC, consoles)
- Experience with multithreaded, real-time systems
- Experience balancing performance and maintainability
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Enjoy jumping into many different systems.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit an application through Taleo.
Apply to Position: Tools Engineer
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.