The Level Architect works closely with the Level Designers to design and create levels on the artistic side.
Main responsibilities include :
• Collaborate with his/her paired Level Designer to build a level.
• Propose ideas and visual references for game locations.
• Work out the details and concept modular systems of architecture for levels.
• Assemble his/her level with the textures and 3D models provided by the Environment Artists.
• Produce 3D environmental assets if needed.
• Light the final levels in the game editor.
• Optimize the final levels for performance.
• Work with the Level Designers to make gameplay and 3D space function harmoniously.
• Work with the Lead Level Architect and the Art director to ensure artistic unity with the entire project.
• Good observation skills, technically minded and strong graphical culture (photography, cinema and painting).
• Ability to translate 2D designs into a 3D playable level.
• Traditional art training; you know how to draw and understand colors.
• Relevant experience with an FPS engine preferred (mod experience accepted as well).
• Strong knowledge of Photoshop and Maya.
• Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
To apply for this position, please submit an application through Taleo.
Apply to Position: Level Architect
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.