Division: Arkane Studios France | Department: Design | Location: Lyon, FR
The Level Designer is in charge of translating game design into playable and fun maps.
Responsibilities include :
- Produce the level design documentation maps , including mission’s intentions and high-level concepts
- Create the level layouts ( simplified level geometry) in collaboration with the level artists and architects
- Implement gameplay events into the maps (enemies encounters, narrative scenes, maps objectives, etc..) by using specialized tools ( world editor, scripting system..)
- Work closely with the art department and collaborate with all game development disciplines all along the maps iterations
- Analyze and fix level design bugs
- Creative and great sense for what makes a game or level fun
- Strong methodology and problem solving ability
- Game industry experience a bonus
- Good working knowledge of 3D, time constraints and technical knowledge
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Personal game realizations strongly appreciated
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit an application through Taleo.
Apply to Position: Level Designer
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.