Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Platform | Location: Hunt Valley, US-MD, US
ZeniMax Media Inc. is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to help us create the platform services for our next-generation massively multiplayer game, The Elder Scrolls Online and other titles at our ZeniMax Online Studios office located at 200 International Circle in Hunt Valley, MD. The successful applicant will help integrate our game backend with platform and web services to create exciting social, e-commerce, and game features.
- Write sustainable, bug-free code
- Maintain ownership of entire systems and platform features
- Mentor and assist programmers contributing to those systems
- Work closely with game server, web service platform, and game client technology to create new social and platform features
- Experience with networked, multi-tiered, scalable architecture design
- Experience writing REST services
- Deep understanding of the software development life cycle and operating system architecture
- Experience with cloud technologies and automated deployments (Amazon or other)
- Experience with TCP/IP Socket Programming
- Database programming experience (MySQL preferred)
- Linux application development experience
- Expert in C, C++ and Java development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5 years post degree progressive experience
- Candidates will be asked to show programming language and software engineering skills through a written proficiency test
Multiple Positions Open
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit an application through Taleo.
Apply to Position: Senior Software Engineer, Platform
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.