Zenimax Online Studios seeks an Information Services / Business Intelligence Manager to provide reporting and analysis for our massively multiple player game, The Elder Scrolls Online - www. elderscrollsonline.com. You will creatively lead and augment a team of developers and Business / Data analysts that will design large scale data analysis systems. You will inspire the team to reliably and accurately analyze and report using various techniques. Your team will also work with other departments to identify key data points and analytics needed to improve their overall decision making criteria.
You must have a passion for producing high-quality deliverables in a timely manner which will work under duress and whine loudly when they fail. You must have a passion for data integrity and the ability to generate excitement within your team and outwardly to your customers. You will inspire the consumers of your data to build a better business.
You will be working in a fast paced (Agile or Agile-like) environment, following a structured build and publishing process. You will affect change by providing quality information enabling the company to make more informed and better scoped decisions. You will also help the company relate the effects of decisions to their causes via hard data.
This role is uniquely positioned to add value across almost every department in the company. Your main customers will be:
* Game developers: provide analysis and feedback related to players’ in-game behaviors.
* CS/Community teams: provide statistics related to fraud rules along with analytics to help maximize revenue and reduce purchase and support friction
* Finance team: provide revenue recognition and vital forecasting data
* Platform and web team: collect key usage data pertaining to customer experiences
* Security and Operations team: collect metrics to assist in the performance of security/risk assessments and operational customer experience metrics
The ideal candidate should have the following experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree in CIS/MIS/CS/MATH or equivalent relevant experience
* 7+ years of experience in BI/IS
* 5 years of experience in a leadership/mentoring role in BI/IS
* 5 years of experience in architecting data warehouses and performing data-mining
* 3 years of experience in analyzing fraud rules and analytics
* Expert knowledge of relational database concepts (queries, performance, etc)
* Knowledge of cloud computing and how to leverage BI/IS in such environments
* Experience in application/gaming logging schemas
* MMO industry or online gaming experience is a big plus
* Strong working knowledge of open source solutions
10% travel required to other offices.
NOTE* This position will be located in Hunt Valley, MD
To apply for this position, please submit an application through Taleo.
Apply to Position: Business Intelligence Manager
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.